pretzels?


The availability of local or regional brands of chips falls off dramatically once you cross the Mississippi, so much so that I traveled from that river to the foothills of the Rockies without finding a single exciting bag of chips. In Couer D’Alene, Idaho, I picked up my first truly national chip – or pretzel. Do pretzels count? Snyder of Hanover’s Sourdough Nibblers. I appreciate this line of Snyder’s – the flavored pretzel, usually something subtle, savory, and addictive. The sourdough flavor is mild, not too salty, and you can easily eat a whole bag and not feel gross. I wish I’d had cranberry juice to accompany these, because cranberry juice with pretzels is one of life’s finest pleasures. I would say try it on a plane but for some reason most airlines only have CRAN-APPLE juice, which significantly diminishes the experience. Also, shout out to the window bag. It’s nice to see what you’re getting yourself into. Bring back the Dorito window bag!

No comments: