Remember the Classics

It seems that there is an ongoing challenge in the chip industry to keep creating the newest shape and/or flavor of chip. There are chips in the shape of beans, 3D chips, sticks, fries, nuggets, spirals...chips made from rice, potatoes, corn, whole wheat...flavors such as wing, blue cheese, burger, hot dog, seafood, and vegetables.
I am not complaining but I can sometimes get overwhelmed when deciding between a chip with flax seeds or a BBQ flavored air-popped chip or even a Dorito that has ranch on one side and wing flavoring on the other. Sometimes I forget that there are so many amazing chips out there already that I know to be good and they should not be overlooked. Here is a list of chips that I consider classic and that I will always enjoy.

Lays Sour Cream and Onion
Lays BBQ
Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion
Ruffles Sour Cream and Cheddar
Doritos Cool Ranch
Doritos Nacho Cheese
SunChips Harvest Cheddar
SunChips French Onion
Kettle Chips or Zapps (any flavor)
Frito's Chili Cheese
Frito's BBQ
Hot Fries
Shoestring Fries

No comments: